Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Social animals

People are social beings. Social animals sounds like party freaks but anyway.

I was chatting to S about 10pinbowling - G and I went on Friday to his office's "function" - and I was thinking (not about S LOL... I just drifted off on an inner tangent of thought) about why it seems that it's usually the same people arranging things. Don't read this post thinking "oh man why is she bitching" - I'm not pointing fingers saying YOU blablabla. I'm just thinking about how it has been ever since I was small.

From what I can tell, there are two types of socialising. Hanging out and organised parties/occasions.

Because of living far from friends, hanging out is pretty difficult these days. It is still fun to hang out with friends and go attend to business with them - say going to the mall and splitting up and then meeting up for brunch or something.

Organised stuff... like going to the movies, having a party. That's mainly what I'm thinking about. It's always so difficult to get people together to go do something. Pick a movie, pick a date, pick a time, it's so hard to make it suitable for everyone. It's usually the same people organising the occasions, over and over. For eg, G and I have had birthday parties/flatwarming parties, whatever. But my sis on the other hand - now I can't see her organising a party for all her friends: arranging everything beforehand and preparing the food etc etc.

Does everyone wait for someone else to arrange something? Why? Is it cos a party is expensive? What about hanging out with everyone bringing packet of chips/biscuits and having coffee/cooldrinks. Or a bring and share supper. Anything. I dunno, I'm not sure of the point of this post. I just feel lively and want to have fun, do something funky with my friends. But it seems no one else feels the same way. It's so... well, boring. Why not take a break from the usual routine and do something different?

I guess I feel over-lively today. Or contemplative. *shrugs*

Lunch is coming up - maybe G and I can take over the world during lunch - I doubt we'd be back in the office in time though... ;)

No comments: