Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Huis & tuis

The english translation of thise blogpost title is the name of a shop which I'm recommending you don't buy furniture from.

We bought a fridge, a washmachine/tumbledrier and a bed from them. 2 of the items they delivered at 10pm on a Friday night after saying it'd be there that afternoon. The other item they delivered a day late.

Much to our annoyance, the stitching has come undone on our bed (the mattress), and after much phoning and nagging, they've sorted it out and got a credit note and have stock and are going to exchange it. God knows if they have the right mattress etc but we'll have to wait and see. I have given them our new address but only time will tell whether they have noted it down on our account detail.

Ok now, the lady phoned me Monday morning, to ask if it can be delivered that day. I said no, because there isn't anyone at home, can it be delivered the next day. She said she'd try to arrange it and phone me back to let me know.

It is now the aforementioned "next day" and I rather irritatedly phone to find out what's going on. She's not in today. I ask to speak to someone else dealing with her stuff, and get put through to the manager. He says he'll find out what's going on and call me back.

Manager calls me back. "The lady knew she wouldn't be in today so she's booked it for tomorrow" he tells me. What, she was going to phone me tomorrow morning to ask if it can be delivered that day (again)? Erm, like, dude, we need to know WHEN it will be delivered, IN ADVANCE, so we can MAKE ARRANGEMENTS for someone to be HOME. But anyway, he says tomorrow "but I can't give you a time because it's an outside company and they come to us, see what has to go where and then decide on where and what etc ... " blablabla. WTF? So erm, can you give me a time? "I'll phone you tomorrow morning" he says. What, G's sposed to take time off work to be home when it arrives, but if they can't give a time, then what? He sits there the whole day, only for it to be delivered at 10pm again?

HELL NO

Steer clear of these morons who evidently are not at all interested in after sale service. Hell, they hardly seem interested in SALE because when you go there, trying to find a salesperson is like trying to find hen's teeth.

YAY!!!

No comments: