Ok, I'm sitting down to snack on some Niknaks. It's 12:15 and I've been more or less busy the entire morning. Good for a change. Got to draw that map from Airport to Office, it actually looks cool but no thanks so far *rolls eyes*. I had fun drawing for a change, though.
Project fishtank update:
Yesterday morning woke to see the Congos mating. The other Congos aren't bothered, but the other fish keep close cos the falling eggs are FOOD!!!! So no chance of any baby Congos. Maybe one day I'll have a Congos/Hatchetfish-only fishtank, and they'll all breed. Not only do the little fish eat the falling eggs, but there are snails around too. And yesterday I had to do a waterchange so I'd have vacuumed up any leftover (not-yet-eaten-by-snails) eggs there.
So yes, did a waterchange. Tested the pH before putting the new water in it, and it's about 6.4. Quite acidic but it explains why they're so ready to mate: tetras like acidic water for mating. Teehee.
I also used a scourer-type thing to clean the algae off the glass. Not much build-up, but it DID make a difference.
After doing all that, and setting it all going again, I took the glowlights and the lone rummynose from the tiny-tank and put them in the big tank. The lone rummynose is a bit bigger than the other 4, but after a while (he? she?) settled right in as one of the shoal and got his/her bright red nose back - rummys' noses go pale when they're not happy. Originally in the big tank there WAS another rummynose, but that one also seems to have gone to fish-heaven. One day it was looking a bit sickly, the next day it's gone without a trace! I've looked everywhere for it, there is simply no sign of it whatsoever.
The glowlights settled in happily.
The black neons in the little tank are all healthy, I just didn't feel like catching them last night as they are RATHER frisky and damn difficult to catch!!!!!
The kuhli loach will mostly likely LOVE the big tank but he is also a bugger to catch.
The neons however, might be a problem. The one is looking a bit sickly (possibly age or neon tetra disease - probably will die soon), and the other has some strange cyst/growth under its eye. The other two look ok but I don't want to put those in the big tank like that.
But anyway, the tank is looking SO GORGEOUS!!!! Everything is working now, the only "problem" is that some of the plants keep uprooting themselves. A lot of the plants died off, but the ones that haven't are going strong. Perhaps I will go buy more of those plants seeing as they are successful. Not sure, don't really want to go to the aquarium shop anytime soon in case I am tempted to buy some more fish!! Although, maybe I should, seeing as I want to look into a water hardness testkit, and nitrate/nitrite/ammonia level test kits. Things like that.
AAAAAAAAAAAh it's looking GORGEOUS! Will post pics when I remember to take photos!!
Another thing that's coming along is WARPONY! I've been stitching a bit lately and it's coming along. I'm really amped about it now and hope to finish the right half (Warpy's face) before the end of the year. The left half (his neck) seems simpler, it seems to be bigger patches of single colours compared to the confettiyish face!
Te's somewhere in USA now, haven't heard from her yet, I hope to see her online soon! Hope you had a FANTASTIQUE trip!!!
It's already nearly 13:00. Oh yay, the temp who usually sits for me on a Monday has gone off sick. Yay. So today is a no-lunch Monday. At least today's gone fast so this afternoon should too. YAY. And, I have the Pond and other things to keep me entertained hehe!
Damn, if only work was quiet enough for me to stitch, or hell, even study the learners' book. Damn! That's something I've been pushing aside for a while!
Ok, things To Do this week include: tidy my desk and sort out all those papers!!! Make various payments. Stitch. Get last few people's Christmas gifts. Look into the learners' license thing *looks sheepish*
I love summer. The warm air, basically not being cold. I'm really enjoying wearing short sleeves without going blue and having bits fall off from frostbite!
YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it amazing what ENOUGH SLEEP can do for a person? YAY!!!!! Caught up on sleep Friday night. YAY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment