Sunday, July 12, 2009

Update!

Right now I'm scanning photos - as I have been pretty much constantly whenever I'm home without other things that I must do.

I've scanned over 4500 photos now. I still have 2 photo albums to work through (the pictures have become almost glued to the pages so I won't be able to take them out), I'm waiting on a picture box from my sis, a tin of pics from my aunt, plus any other odds and ends my mom and G's parents can find. Oh and I have a photo album of my own, and G's got a small packet of photos too. So, I'm getting there. I can't wait til it's all finished, I REALLY REALLY want to start stitching again!

And now for an update on the ACS assessment. I phoned ACS at 1:30am our time, and spoke to a very helpful lady there. Long story short, we are appealing the assessment, with a SUPER-DETAILED work reference letter backing up G's request for acknowledgment of his C#/C++/C specialisation. The whole process should take between 5 and 7 weeks (taking the week for delivery to ACS into account, but excluding postage back to us)... and hopefully we'll be A for AWAY and able to apply for the visa.

No comments: