Thursday, July 16, 2009

Postnet update

The plot thickens.
 
I kept checking DHL's website throughout the morning and afternoon.  Nothing.  At about 16:30, I phoned DHL and the lady there told me that the letter had only just been collected, at 15:55.  (Note: collected, not dropped off)
 
I immediately phoned Postnet, asked to speak to the manager, and told him that we had a slight problem.
 
Apparently the cow there told ME that the manager himself would drop off the letter at DHL that very morning, but told her MANAGER that the letter wasn't urgent and could wait til the DHL guy came to fetch stuff that afternoon!
 
WTF?!  First of all, make a STUFF UP, then promise to make amends, AND THEN not even BOTHER to follow through with a promise?  Sorry, no.
 
So on Saturday we are going to go fetch our refund!  R470, thank you very much, and no repeat business from US ever again!
 
Thankfully DHL is performing impeccably and our letter is already in Sydney, most likely being delivered tomorrow morning (their time).  YEEEHAAA

No comments: