Lots to blog about.
First off: Pinkleaf has popped out an arm!
G's mom gave me 2 violet leaves in a pot a couple of weeks ago. One of them (a white violet) was 100% fine, the other (called pinkleaf - a pink violet) looked really damaged - dried out and the top half had gone crinkled and brown. I picked the dead bits off pinkleaf, and have waited in anticipation for the day that they'd put out some new leaves. The white violet almost straight away started putting out new leaves, but pinkleaf was hanging on, a half-leaf, soldiering on trying not to die. It's been like that for a good while now. The half-leaf never wilted, it stayed thick and strong. On Tuesday, I poked around in the soil around it, hoping to see signs of life. There was something there... it looked a bit like something that might grow into a leaf, but I wasn't sure. I covered it up again and left it to its own devices. This morning, pinkleaf has an arm! It popped out an arm! I'm so glad. It means both of them are going to be 100%. Once a few more leaves pop out (from pinkleaf) I'll transplant them separately in their own larger pots. YAY I'm so thrilled! I've been keeping G's mom in the loop with their progress, and we've both been rooting (!) for pinkleaf.
I have meeting minutes to type now. I really don't feel like doing them right now. I feel like blogging. I guess I should get started soon but I'm sure it's alright.
Things are carrying on, with X and Y. This whole erupted/erupting mess is still going on.
On Sunday we went to G's folks' place for tea. It was lovely seeing his gran again. His mom also gave us a whole stack of photo-albums for us to look through - I've been dying to see baby pics of G for AGES now and finally I got to see them. :D SO DAMN CUTE!!! It's so funky seeing everyone back then. G was such a blondy!
I worked on Heremia a few nights back. She's coming along so well, I really can't wait! I will stitch a bit more (maybe tonight) and take a pic.
Tuesday G and I left work early, to meet up with a florist/decor company. It was very tricky getting into their place off the road but we managed! It was nice though, had a very brief but intense chat. The main woman seems very visionary, "we can use this, and this, and this". Her office has a glass pane on the one side and while she was talking it seemed to me as if she was looking at different decor items in the next room. Only after a while of looking in the direction trying to see what she was looking at did I realise that she's not actually looking at these things, she's picturing things!!!! I felt a bit of a moron, it seemed so comically set up I felt as if she (or her assistant) were inwardly amused at my expense! But anyway, they're going to send their quote sometime (hopefully soon - we have no idea how much decor+flowers would cost).
Yesterday was my birthday. It was a good birthday, I think :D Didn't feel like going to work. We got up extra early to go buy cakes for the office before work, else I'd have had to go sometime during the morning.
Got a box of chocolates and a card from a colleague... Today she gave me 2 koala keyrings and a Sydney calendar - she said another colleague complained that she was giving gifts away ie it's bad manners, but she said she would rather give it to someone else who would want it/need it than throw it away wastefully. It's a lovely calendar and the koalas are cute. Just the sort of thing to get us started with Australiana! ;) I was looking at houses for sale in the Sydney area yesterday, and there are some pretty funky places out there! Makes me wish time would go quickly (next year etc). This year is going fast enough thank you very much!
G gave me a box of chocs and a packet of choccie sweets - my favourite! There's something else though which was delayed which is sposed to come today... Can't wait!!
G said he was planning something for my birthday supper, but it was a secret. I honestly had NO CLUE where we were going. He wouldn't give me any clues at all. So we got ready yesterday evening, and G drove us to the Waterfront. We walked through the whole waterfront (justabout!), and arrived at the gangplank/steps going onto a boat. It was a 5 course, 2 hour cruise around the whole waterfront. It was so nice in there and the weather was PERFECT! It couldn't have been better if we'd planned the weather system ourselves! We sat at a window, and the whole night we watched everything go by as we gently sailed around while having supper. It was so nice seeing the whole place lit up at night, the lights like stars. The food was delicious! As always with a buffet, there's too much to eat if you took a bit of everything that you liked! But I got a good YUM plateful of food and enjoyed it a lot. A really special, romantic evening :D
Ok, now on a totally different note - I REALLY HAVE to get started with these minutes... :(
No comments:
Post a Comment