Sunday, March 30, 2008

And a proper blog post this time

I was online earlier, wanted to blog while G was still asleep. It was a beautiful, quiet morning and I'd just come back from my driving lesson - did parking and cos I hadn't done any parking for about a month I was rather rusty.

I got sidetracked, however, and by the time I'd finished reading all my addictions (livejournal, facebook, the pond, etc) G was awake and it was time to head off to his parents' place to fetch Dude. So I quickly posted the pic of Heremia and shut down.

Dude was at "the grandparents" from Thursday evening until this morning. For the AWESOMEST reason EVER: Rentokil came yesterday to DE-COCKROACH our place! ♥ I had previously arranged for pest control to come, but as detailed in a previous blog-post, they arrived 1hr late and it didn't actually happen. Rentokil was fantastic. The technician arrived on time, he was professional and friendly and did a very thorough job. He worked for about an hour and a half... we weren't gassed out, and he explained quite a bit to us. We currently have the entire kitchen unpacked in the lounge. It is quite cluttered and of course "disruptive" having everything out of place, but I'M SO HAPPY!! The disgusting offensive revolting UGH things are DYING! The guy sprayed stuff almost everywhere, and put dots of gel in special places that they'd go and munch it. Apparently it's delicious to them and kills them very quickly. Hell, while the guy was still busy there were already some dying! I'm so elated!! It's like a dream come true - I can see one now, and point at it and go MUAHAHAHAHA, safe in the knowledge that it's going to die very very soon :) ok so I'm evil... WHATEVER! :D

G and I went out for supper last night - to give the place a bit of time to "settle" (although there was hardly any smell at all). This morning was my driving lesson (as mentioned above), and then we headed off to G's folks to fetch the Dude. Stayed for tea and biscuits and enjoyed the chattering from both Dude, his uncle Pookie and the finches. Dude and Pookie even jointly made a wolf-whistle (can't remember which one but one of them did the up-note and the other did the down-note!)

Dude is happily back in his place in the lounge, tinkling his bell like usual.

Despite being a 4-day week, this week has been BUSY. Quite productive though - we managed to meet up with a decor/florist company (on Wednesday after work) which was great. I think we have found our people for the wedding! The other company hasn't got back to us, and it's already been 3 weeks. Their loss, I say.

We also went to the doc on Thursday - my feet have been itching like mad which seems to be a mad-outbreak of chilblains. Afterwards we dropped Dude off. And then Friday we had Rentokil over. YAY quite a good week.

As you can see from the previous post, Heremia is Coming Along. I really cannot wait until she's finished and I can take her to be framed. I'm really eager to start something new now - she's taken under a year - roughly 10months (if I finish soon). I really can't wait, I think I'll start on Gentle Strength next - the colours are totally different to both Warpony and Heremia (both mostly orange/brown) as Gentle Strength is 99% greys. I guess after all the grey on white fabric of Gentle Strength, the orange (and blue) on black of Golden Ice will be a good change, and then there's Motion which is mostly grey/cream on blue...

Before I start on Gentle Strength though I am going to do Damask Rose (purse), which is a kit G's mom gave me for Christmas. It shouldn't take long at all to do, and I've asked her to help me stitch it all together when I'm done.

What else is news in our world. Not much. The wedding plans are coming along. All that seems left to arrange is the cake, catering (and drinks), we have to find rings, and then the outfits have to be made/hired. Oh and transport to/from the wedding, and of course, the honeymoon.

The neighbour has been away for a while - we are so glad!!

G's parcels arrived from the online shop we use. Awesome! He'd ordered the Nemi book for me (it came back in stock at a time that I couldn't make a purchase). It is FUNKY... really love Nemi!

Ok I think I'm gonna post this and then GET STITCHING!!!!

No comments: