Tuesday, June 14, 2011

These days

Things don't seem to be going very fantastically lately.

Maybe it's tinged with PMS... which is kak in itself for having a negative effect on things.

But really, it's been 2.5 months and counting and I still don't have a job.  I've applied for over 70 jobs now, been to 9 interviews, had exactly one day of work, and been told that I am not dressed professionally enough (both by the interviewing recruitment agent lady AND hearing from her that that's what the company I did the one day of work for thought of me).  Slather on that makeup, bitch, and wear BUSINESS-SUITS because that's what's CORPORATE, you know, never mind what you can actually do.  And here I was looking for an admin job because you don't HAVE to be the goddamn face of the company... otherwise I'd be applying for frontline receptionist positions...?

It's getting pretty fucking old looking at job ads and having to endure reading about FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES TO WORK FOR THE MOST DYNAMIC COMPANY EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

So... yeah, a bit lowjo on the mojo right now.

Adding to my IRRITATION is the fact that I was signed up for a superannuation fund (compulsory pension fund jobbie they have in Aus), by the recruitment agency I did the one-day-job for, ON THE DAY of the one-day-job... only for them NOT EVEN PUTTING ANY MONEY INTO IT!

The annoyance of a) being signed up without asking (even though they're legallly required to pay towards it, it's still rude), b) having to register online which is a pain, c) looking at the account balance online and seeing a $0 balance and a -$6 transaction for admin fees, d) having to phone and find out about it, TWICE because the first person didn't make much sense and I thought I'd be paying a $1.55 weekly admin fee backdated to the date the company opened my fund account... before they even pay into it which might be end of this month OR end of next month e) hearing from the second guy that 'they won't pay anything unless you're earning over $450 per month... the account will stay $0 and it will be closed'.

So, in essence, the annoyance of being irritated by the annoying pointlessness of a super-fund for 1 day of work only to find out that it's not even a super, it's just... a waste of paper.  I get signed up for a super-fund that they don't even pay into, only for it to be closed.  W00t.

Everything feels a little pointless right now.

Hunting for my damn stuff on ebay and gumtree and wherever else.  I'm so tired of it.  I don't know why I bother... actually, I think I do.  It's cos I have nothing else to do.  Really.  I don't *feel* like stitching and can't be bothered to play computer games or PSP games or anything.  I just don't feel like it.  I just don't feel like doing anything else like chores either (who ever wants to do chores)... don't care about this house to want to do weeding or cleaning outside or other things like that.  Sick of applying for jobs.  Can't be bothered looking for places to rent because we aren't even able to move until late August anyway and any houses available now won't be in August.

I just feel like... I wish I could be somewhere else.  Lying on a bench in the sun.  Nothing to worry about.  I don't know.  I'm just not having a wonderful time these days.

No comments: