Saturday, May 07, 2011

Today's adventures

This afternoon we headed out to the local hardware store to buy sandpaper, and while we were there we took a look at the outdoor chair and table sets.  We bought a cheap one, as it's not going to be sitting out in the sun every day (the porch is covered), but it's still comfortable.

I tried to take a pic, but it's a bit 'messy' with flash/window reflections.  The buckets are our weeding buckets... and the white thing in the plant bed is a 'termite station'... apparently they're old/useless now but I don't really feel like digging them up!


We also popped through to the aquarium shop, and I bought 7 glowlight tetras.  I was planning only getting 5, but they only had 7 and I thought why leave 2 all by themselves when they can have a safe home with me?


Unfortunately the plants are a bit algae-mottled, but the snails are working hard to combat the algae.  And in this pic, I didn't get any of the black neons, but at least I got some of the glowlights quite clearly!  They're so adorable.  One of them (a male from the original 3 glowlights) immediately started displaying his fins and showing off to prove he's alpha male the moment I released the newbies into the tank.

After struggling to assemble the (stupid) table and releasing the fish into the tank respectively, G and I sat out on the porch with tea and coffee, relaxing in the quiet.  Or, at least, it was quiet until the weird man nearby started playing with his r/c car again.  It's been quiet so he's evidently been back at work, but now it's weekend again and he's out there a lot again *sigh*

Tonight it's going to be sushi for supper - so lemme say adieu again, and get started :D

~ adieu ~

No comments: