I'm wearing slipslops (flipflops/thongs), and a short-sleeve tshirt. Now you KNOW summer's just about here.
Taking it easy, taking my time, enjoying the sorting process for now. Dug out the stash of stuff from the wedding/honeymoon - all the slips and receipts and pamphlets and business cards. I've still got the scrapbook to do, so I'm keeping that stuff. Got a few Bride magazines for extra bits'n'pieces to use in the scrapbook. Funny, though, how people who were at the wedding have disappeared into thin air. That includes both bridesmaids. Puts a bit of a damper on the enjoyment of looking at the wedding pics etc, and makes me wonder what happened. Do we smell bad? Did I not express my gratitude in a 'socially required' manner to them for being my bridesmaids? Is wanting to actually spend time with them a bad thing? No clue... all I know is that 1 isn't even a friend on Facebook anymore, and the other isn't very close either. What happened to cross-stitch-a-thons, etc? I understand life goes on (for the friends who were at the wedding who have fallen off the radar), and I suppose more isn't expected from friends who happen to be bridesmaids, but still. If I'd known how inconsequential it would be, I would have walked alone down the aisle and our guest-list would have been halved. I think it's taken a long time for me to 'get round' to thinking these thoughts. But there it is. If I have some major personality flaw, it'd be nice to actually be made aware of it. If people give no feedback, there's nothing to go on.
Ok, now that the navel-gazing is done, on to happy things: the weather is perfect today, after lovely-but-for-the-galeforce-wind weather we've been having lately. The wind gives me terrible hayfever, which is an added annoyance on top of the psychological irritation of constant noise/movement/disturbance the wind causes.
I think, for my part, sorting is nearly done. I will probably go through all of my stuff once or twice more, but apart from that I think I'm nearly done - just have to go through the paper portion of my stuff, which I've been dreading due to allergies. Paper is my downfall!!
This post is very rambly, but at least it's an update.
Saturday we're going for a meet-up with forumites from the SA/Aus forum, then Saturday evening it's HALLOWEEN PARTY time!! I'm going to go as a mummy - I need to get an old sheet or 2 from somewhere, to rip up and make my rags, but I have the under-clothes ready. Watch this space!
No comments:
Post a Comment