Supposed to be 'blah-update'... but.. blah... nvm!
I've been progressing with the sorting/culling/consolidation of my stuff, but it's very slow. It's surprising how intertwined this stuff is - how mixed up together it is, so part of the process involves categorising stuff. Only once that's done is it possible to decide what to keep.
I only wish that we had a spare room (the study is full of books, etc), to stash these 'prepared' boxes in the interim. At present they're parked around the lounge. I have a feeling that all my goodies (except for books and clothes, etc) are going to be brought down to the lounge to be sorted/consolidated/culled. Boy are we going to have a full lounge! Maybe once I'm done (and my boxes are parked in the lounge), G will do his lot, and we can then repack the stuff into the study, ready for the movers. It's weird how empty and sterile the place becomes when ornaments and decorations (dreamcatcher, for example) are removed.
Our washmachine was fetched on 1 Oct, and (praise the lawdylawd!) it's being delivered tomorrow, 14 Oct. That's a long time to go without a washmachine. We did do *some* laundry - G took a batch to his parents to wash and bring home damp so that it could be hung on our clothes-horses - but there's quite a backlog. We're (or at least *I* am) reaching the bottom of the proverbial barrel, so I'm really looking forward to having a pick of clothing again. The downside is that it's going to take a number of days to do all the backlogged washing as it's all gotta be clothes-horsed, which takes a day/2 days to dry. Ah well at least I'm home so I can do it in the mornings and forget about it for the rest of the day!
I got a missed-call from HBBM earlier, so I called him back. I remembered that the co. uses a cell-phone routing company to save them $ on cellphone calls, which includes a service where employees' cellphone numbers are recorded and when they call in to the office from their cellphones, the router calls them back, saving them the cost of the call (the co. pays for the call). So I 'phoned him back' LOL. Anyway, long story short, he just wanted to 'warn me in advance' that he's going to need me to come in on Wednesday & Thursday next week. The pay rate isn't MUCH better than what I was getting, but I really think that if I were to try and barter, they'd say 'forget it' and hand the work on to the typist. I WOULD actually like the extra pocket money... maybe if he needs me again at a later stage I can say 'actually, I'm wanting a better rate, plskthx'.
Friday evening, Sis & M and I are going out for a girls night. Going to eat out and then might hit the town and have a coupla drinks. I'm going to be staying over with Sis at the house she's housesitting, G will fetch me the next morning from Sis's work... then on to the next event:
Saturday is G's cousin's 'amazing race' style birthday party. G & I are going to be the roving camera car, to record bits and pieces of the day. Sounds like it's going to be fun!
Sunday will probably be a day of relaxation. If the weather's nice, we might braai...
But for now, it's time to sleeeeeeeeeeeep!
No comments:
Post a Comment