Friday, November 27, 2009

Having a fantastic day

Today is being a real bitch.

Yesterday, and today, the typist 'informed/confided in me' that the
bosses have been talking. Hbbm in particular, saying to them that I'm
doing nothing and the typist has to teach me her work.

Hbbm says I'm not busy enough... so the typist says she told them I
also do filing, and they basically brushed off that bit of info and
now think I do buggerall all day. Ok it seems that way, because I do
FILING! Hellooo!!!

No, filing is LAST PRIORITY! RAH RAH Hbbm rants, blablabla!!! She
must learn everything the typist does!!

Nevermind that the dude whose filing I do bitches whenever there's 'a
pile' for me to do. That guy generates a full-time job's worth of
filing. And nevermind that I actually FINISH his filing and keep it
up to date. And also nevermind that I actually get jobsatisfaction
from it, however puny and 'inconsequential' it may be. But no, it's
last priority. I am going to joint-do typist's job.

I don't WANT to do her damn job. I am, after all, a measly fucking
ADMIN ASSISTANT, not PA, not TYPIST, not SECRETARY, ADMIN ASSISTANT,
which mean I get to do some of EVERYONE'S JOB!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Typist's take on the scenario: she thinks Hbbm is 'starting to think
about' retiring, and the bosses are considering when SHE is going to
retire, and they want me taught so that they will have someone to
'seamlessly' take up her job.

LIKE HELL. Her (cement-) shoes are too big to fill. R10k pay (I have
a suspicion that's all she gets :-S) for her job, no thanks. I do NOT
want her job of being a lifeless drone, with no out-of-office life and
no chance EVER to take lunch, and being abused and taken for granted
because she has to do eveything anyway.

To add to my happy mood today, I'm receptionist moron all day. Madam
put in leave for today (only put her form in yesterday morning -
lovely)... so yay here I sit.

To EXTRA add to this rather charming day, I can't find my phone. I am
hoping that I left it at home.

Man I hope this visa happens fast so that I can resign! Give them the
virtual finger and LEAVE!

No comments: