Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Boredom again

Yay, boredom!  I'm currently having a quick teabreak before tackling one of the most boring jobs in this entire office - packing a job away.  It entails taking everything out of the lever arch files, replacing the file-dividers with a blue sheet of paper with the divider's title written onto it, putting a string-tie through it, making a note of it, and putting it into an apple box, and once everything is in the applebox, making a label for it, outlining the contents.  It is boring.  It takes a while.
It's great being part of a forum on a particular subject relevant to you.  I'm a member of a budgies forum and a SA->Aus forum! 
The budgies forum is (as would be expected) a forum with LOADS of 'baby' pics.  Lots of information and advice on how to look after your budgies best.
The SA->Aus forum is SO informative, also lovely and welcoming, but totally different as the members aren't KNOWLEDGEABLE like you feel like a complete n00b, they're in the same boat as you - trying to fathom out the immigration process.  By assimilating their experiences, trying to gauge how long each thing takes, it helps gather ideas and gain insight into how it all works.  I just found out that ACS is currently taking 6 months+ to do skills assessments.  That's not great.  Also, it's not recommended that we pack our stuff ourselves, as the Aus customs are apparently extremely strict and the shipping companies don't cover (with insurance) boxes that aren't packed by them.  So, this is going to be a long, boring uneventful wait.  I guess it means I can relax a bit more and actually cross-stitch at times.  Play computer games, read, chill.  I do still want to finish scanning the photos though.  At least that's a finite amount.  But damn, it's getting boring now.
I may or may not have mentioned in blog yesterday, but I have an interview on Friday - with a recruitment agency.  Hold thumbs.

No comments: