I tried out some demo cross-stitch charting programs, and found that out of DMC Pattern Designer, Pattern Maker, PC Stitch, Stitchcraft and X-Stitch Studio, Pattern Maker is the best. You only get 4 days to use the demo, but it is the full version and you can save and print the charts you've made. DMC Pattern Designer and one of the others are basically the same, just different splashscreens, and they have horrible colour reduction and if you are using a photo to make a design, it doesn't work well at all. The other two were alright, but Pattern Maker's handling, rendering and functionality put it WAY above the rest. Definitely worthwhile trying out, if not buying! I'm pretty much overloaded with designs I have waiting to be done (Heremia in progress, Damask Rose purse, Gentle Strength, Golden Ice, Motion already), so I doubt I'd make use of it often enough to warrant buying it... but I've charted two pics already, so now my list of "to-dos" has grown. I doubt I'd even finish half of them before we move to Aus, but hopefully I will have finished all of them before we become Aus citizens...
It's Saturday night... we've just spent a relaxing day at home (after sorting out stuff at the traffic dept and meeting up with G's folks for brunch).
And I've just been looking at baby budgies - googled them. Awwwwwwwwwww they are TOO CUTE! I so wish we could take Dude with us to Aus... then we could let him start a family... :( but for the time being they don't allow most animals into Aus.
That's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment