Such stupidity...
We had such a hectic weekend, everything was planned and scheduled...
We spent virtually the whole Friday evening unpacking the kitchen, ready for pest control to do their thing bright and early the next morning.
I had my driving lesson at 8, while I was away G took Dude to his parents' place and fetched his mom - we were going to go invitation-ideas shopping and also to buy material for the bridesmaids' dresses. I got back, rushed and washed up the remaining dishes in the sink, and waited for G to come home. G's mom smsd just before 10, saying they were on their way. No peep from the pest control co. G and his mom arrived about 10:30. Still no sign of pest control.
We eventually got everything sorted out (stuff to take with us to shop around), and I'd just paused to show his mom the wedding dress material and I see the pest control peeps pulling up outside (at about 10:53). G rushed out and they mumbled "is this no 28?" so he said "yes, and you're an hour late".. "mumble mumblemumble" "sorry, we're on our way out, bye" said G and closed the door. They left. No apology, nothing. I'm still waiting for a phonecall or email from them to apologise. This after the woman phoned on Friday to confirm 10:00! They could have phoned and said they were running late. But no. And we had such a lot scheduled for the day. They were sposed to take 30mins and we were supposed to be out the house for 3 hours... so we were going to go shop and stuff in the meantime, then come home and pack everything back. Then drop his mom off, get a security gate quote, come back and get ready for A & C's wedding that evening. And also GO to the wedding (needless to say ;) ).
We haven't packed ANYthing back. We got home rather late on Saturday night (more detail about the wedding in a mo), and Sunday we spent the afternoon at G's folks, they treated us to fish and chips and then G settled down to try sort out the spyware on his dad's laptop. What a persistent little shit piece of spyware that is! All of them except this tiny little flashing icon (with accompanying balloon) were removed.
Saturday was SO HOT! Not sure, but when we were leaving our place to head off to the wedding, G's car was reading 39.5C on the thermometer. I'm sure if we hadn't gone around the mountain but had stayed in the city it'd have hit 40C for sure. It was a GORGEOUS evening for the wedding - couldn't have had better weather for it.
The venue was lovely - a huge wine farm with cricket oval and 2 restaurants, a spa and hotel/chalets (from what we could see!). G and I were the among the first people to arrive, and we started to set up the sound equipment - G was doing the sound/music.
They had the ceremony outside under a kind of wood-stick canopy. All the chairs were arranged facing some steps that A & C stood on as they said their vows. The whole theme was lovely, the colour scheme and C's dress (and the bridesmaids' dresses) went so well together! Such a happy time! After a bit of scrambling around on G's part, we joined everyone else and had some fruit juice and canapes, before the group photo was taken and the bride's father did a speech. It was getting dark by that stage and strangely enough, the venue didn't have proper lighting (they only had tiny lights - fairy lights I think they're called). I went in to ask the guy (he seemed to be the organiser/main dude at the venue) whether they had any lights to switch on and he rather unhelpfully just said (essentially) no, sorry. No offer of a table-lamp or anything, just "no, we don't have any other lighting".
They decided to do the rest of the speeches while everyone was eating. Had DELICIOUS food... funky starter, LOOOOOOOOOVELYYYYY lamb (omg so delicious... wow!), and FAR too rich chocolate tart... too too rich... wow. I met P & his H (since I'm an H too!), and somehow it's as if I'd already met them. It's incredible, the strongest sensation that I've met them already, we've already been to a function like that and met up and chatted. So so familiar... quite freaky really.
Anyway, it was a really lovely evening, and hopefully A & C are well on their way to a wonderful honeymoon (if they haven't arrived already) :)
Hmm... what else is news... nothing much. We got the bridesmaids' material, G's mom and we came up with good ideas for the invitations... just was a good creative session hehe.
Let me post this blogpost now... I'm sure more will come to me at some stage.
*grr* we have such an untidy home now, THANK you pest control company!!!! >.< no we haven't packed anything back yet... we just didn't have the strength to yesterday!
No comments:
Post a Comment