I haven't blogged in AGES, things have been so busy.
I'm going to catch up by talking about things as I remember them...
This morning, after sleeping latish, we headed off to the traffic dept. I was going for my learners. It was very simple, 28 questions on signs, 28 questions on rules of the road and 8 on controls of the vehicle. I got 27/28 for signs, 26/28 for rules and 8/8 for controls = I PASSED! I got my learners!!!!
Went to the car after getting my license, and then G and I went in to queue while I applied for a drivers' test appointment. It took over an hour! But I made an appointment, my drivers' test is at 8:15 on 13 May! Eek eek! My first driving lesson is on the 5th, I hope I can learn soon enough to pass my test first time!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What else is news... I don't remember whether I blogged about M's bachelorette's party... ok I did.
I haven't blogged about their wedding though, which was on the morning of the 8th. G was the driver for the bride, and sis's G was the driver to the bridesmaids (sis and M's sis). I caught a lift with mom. Was a small intimate wedding, not a long ceremony at all (but it was in Afrikaans so I found it a little hard to follow at times). A lovely reception in the hall next to the church. The photos were taken in the garden (Garden of Remembrance) a short walk down the road. She's the first of my close friends (ppl I've known for around 10 years) to get married, so it was rather special!
Just on a side note, I've been looking at car galleries while I think of things to blog, and the Chevy Aveo (sedan), the Citroen C3, the Merc C63 AMG, the Proton Satria Neo, and others, are rather cool. I don't like the Satria Neo though for one reason: the handbrake has a "finger guard" which looks like it'd be VERY ANNOYING. Other than that it's quite a nice car. The Aveo sedan is quite nice too, but it's a sedan and would be a bit big for me, being a new "driver" (ok not yet but would be). The Merc C63 is rather sexy and super-powerful... 'nuff said. So all in all, the C3 seems the nicest option for me. Pity about the price of cars... I'd be paying it off over 60 months, putting down nearly 90% of the car price as a deposit, and STILL paying it off with maybe R5 to spare each month. Uhhh....
Our office lunch was uneventful. The restaurant was practically down the road from our place, it just felt rather bleh to have to come back to work for a week afterwards. I survived being the receptionist for the (4-day) week, well, rather I survived a gastro-enteritis and was the receptionist for 3 days. The Tuesday hbbm was still there and it was insanely busy. The Wednesday I was off sick, the Thursday and the Friday I dragged myself to work out of sympathy for the typist who is next in line to stand in as receptionist (she does everyone else's work, not just typing).
We had a yearly review session too, I got called in on the Friday and told about my annual pay increase (yay!!), a small bonus (YAY!! I've already put most of that into my savings account... good me!), also feedback about the year. They said basically I'm not only hbbm's PA (har-di-har... I'm not a PA at all!), I must also do work for other people, ppl have been noticing a rather negative attitude about doing work for them - erm, no kidding? How am I supposed to do other people's work/help in their offices when I CAN'T EVEN GO TO THE LOO IN PEACE?!?!? Nevermind working in SOMEONE ELSE'S office... jees. I told them that. I doubt it registered though. Whatever. A change would do me good!
The office closed on Friday... we got to go home at 13:00! G fetched me and dropped me off at home. It was LOVELY weather, very enjoyable to just blob at home. We had Synd at M&J's place, we just chatted and had waffles.
This weekend was quite busy, doing last min things and cleaning up at home. We met up with G's folks and his gran for brunch... at that stage the mall wasn't insanely busy but I'm sure it got insane!
I vaguely remember studying this weekend, I'm not sure what else we did. Chores, mostly. Monday evening mom, sis and sis's G came over to celebrate Xmas eve. Had KFC for supper, and then had some snacks while we waited for midnight to open presents!!!
Tuesday we went for Xmas lunch at G's folks, and exchanged gifts too. Was such a lovely lunch! Very yum food.
Wednesday we went to mom's for 2nd Xmas lunch. It seems to work out best going to the one on the 25th and the other on the 26th, that way there's no rush and "we've got to go else we'll be late". That way, Xmas lunch happens twice and no1 feels like they've been forgotten/discarded. Or at least I hope it's like that!
Lunch at mom's was nice too, yum food too, Aunt+Uncle and cousin, M & J, sis and sis's G, mom and G and I were there.
I can't believe I passed my learners. Ok I'm not surprised, I just didn't know what to expect as in how hard the questions would be. YAY!!!!!! I don't have to bother with that book again - at least not the same way, I might use it to refresh my memory in preparation for the driving test in case the examiner asks me any trick questions!!
I got a plasma sphere for Xmas! It's so funky. A Kelly Clarkson CD too, and a little horse, from G. Lots of other lovely special things from everyone else!
The washmachine finished about half an hour ago, but I'm enjoying these Kelly Clarkson songs so much I don't wanna go fetch the basket upstairs to unpack it. *Sigh*
I'm gonna leave it at that hehe, I think I've blogged up a storm for today!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE (if I don't get to wish you all closer to the time).
No comments:
Post a Comment