Such retardation, all under the guise of trustworthy, "for me" banking.
I finally closed my account with A BSA yesterday. The consultants there were not particularly interested in greeting me or speaking to me more than "card..." and "don't want your card...?"
The teller gave me the money that was left in my savings account, right down to the last cent. Literally. Despite the fact that a 1 cent coin (and for that matter a 2 cent coin) is no longer legal tender in this country. I gave the coin a rather odd look and said "what must I do with 1c?" the woman said "you must take it". WTF? They couldn't round it up to a 5c? Which would only be reasonable since they enjoy ripping you off with bank charges wherever you look. 5c back would hardly be a tip on the iceberg of what they've deducted from my account.
Stupid moronic bank. I am so glad I am free of them... or am I? I checked back onto my internet banking, and lo and behold, my SAVINGS account is closed, but my non-existent CREDIT CARD account is still there! I closed that, what... almost 2 years ago? Yet it still shows there as an "account number". What now? Go back to the bank, and ask them to close a non-existent account? Only in this bank's world does that make sense. If you read my previous blog posts (from a few months ago) you'll recall my horror at going into the branch upon their request to (compulsorily) confirm my phone number/details, to which the moron behind the customer service desk responded "ohh, right, thanks for informing us" (of the compulsory change - she had NO IDEA about this request for details.... uhh, right, whatever, assholes!)
Anyway, I am now happily with another bank, am waiting on an application for another facility on my account, but all in all, happy.
I forgot to mention something funky G and I got for Xmas... 2 matching bar-stools from his parents! They look so gorgeous in our place, matching the floor + decor perfectly.
In other news: I PASSED MY LEARNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Booked my drivers test for 13 May, and if I pass first time, it'll be a sort of birthday present for G! :D *holds thumbs* I think I'm being taken for a lesson tomorrow... WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE erhh.... eeeek? Is a very spiffy, sporty car, y'know! Eeek! My first lesson with an instructor is on the 5th. Weehoo!
Anyhow-a-low-low! Today is hot and I'm going to go lounge somewhere - the PC is boring me right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment