Wow this weekend was BUSY! Friday afternoon we rushed through to check my ring... it was delivered and ready to collect but I was still not happy with it. The diamond which was lopsided was loppedside oppositely. :P Anyway, I got them to send it back... the lady who I dealt with in buying the ring said that she'd requested a new one for me as this being not fixed by now is unacceptable. So that'll take another 4 days but then I should have my ring!!!!
Friday evening W&S and G and I went to have supper at the waterfront. Had a lekker time and laughed in disbelief at the opening ceremony of the rugby world cup. OMG that was BAD!
Saturday morning we went to the bank. I dumbly didn't think of taking an account showing my old address to apply for the account so I didn't get to do that. Sucks. Felt rather daft hehe. We have brunch with G's parents and then went home and did some chores. G mowed the lawn (with me helping and giving moral support :D) The neighbour had left her lawn-equipment outside our front door on the Friday and said we could use them, so G weed-eatered the grass, mowed the grass and then vacuumed the grass bits up with her vacuum thing. It's SO COOL!! We discovered that we have a few pansies in the garden - two of them are in the grass and I've moved the border of the flowerbed to include it. I'm so excited, we must buy a whole lot of pansies cos their faces are SO CUTE!
Went to M&J's place for synd, he was away for the evening but we all had pancakes. Lots of pancakes!
Sunday morning we couldn't really sleep late either. We were up early (for a Sunday) to go view the venue we're booking for the wedding. It's SO lovely. So much space and lots of photo opportunity surroundings.
One thing about the place we're living in now - the kid next door is a nuisance and with them next door, no day is a sleep late day since his mother is a chain-smoker who smokes every 20minutes. So she's up (therefore he's up too) outside smoking and he is SUCH a whiny little shit. He doesn't talk, he doesn't laugh, all he does is whine and moan and complain and mumble and just makes crying kind of sounds. Which is really stupid since he's old enough to walk and run himself around with a toy motorbike (which I'm getting to dislike too). All he does the entire time that they're outside for a smoke is whine. It's really baffling. I think he's about 2 or 3, maybe even 4 but I reckon because he doesn't have any siblings, his mother has no-one to point at and say to him "grow up, you're not (the younger sibling's age)" or "look how grown-up your brother/sister is behaving". Otherwise maybe he's a little retarded. Whatever. He's a whiny little brat. But an infinite improvement on anything in the previous place!!!
We went to the waterfront on Sunday too, to go check out the Wedding Expo. It was quite nice, we got cards of all the people there (photographers and the like) but we already have a good plan in mind. Afterwards we went home and I stitched a bit. G installed the loo roll holder (no idea why there wasn't one before) and he fixed other things around the house. Power-tools are fun! Oh and we now have a new door-lock which no-one else has a key to because at least twice we came home and found the front door unlocked despite having locked it before leaving for work.
Warpony is looking STUNNING! So nearly finished! I'm going to stitch like mad to finish him as soon as I can. Then I will sit down and study that GODDAMNED learners' licence book! This weekend hopefully we can go book an appointment to write the test! I'm going to study that book like there's no tomorrow. Will restrict my stitching (despite having started Heremia) so that I focus on it.
Another thing we're going to focus on is getting fit. We had an exercise session yesterday for an hour. I'm feeling a little bit stiff... not bad, that good feeling you get when you KNOW you've worked out a bit. Tonight we're going to do other exercises (not repeat the same ones from yesterday) - our muscles have to recover from the exertion.
Today is so boring. I had quite a few things to do this morning but hbbm went out to meetings and although he's coming back very soon, I'm bored. As always, I'd much rather be at home, in the sun, stitching!!
No comments:
Post a Comment