Thursday, January 25, 2007

It... is... HOT

Today the temperature outside was 41C. I didn't go outside at all, not only because I was on switchboard duty.

And it's still hot now. Apparently today's discomfort index was 45C!!

S (in USA) tried phoning the cross-stitch company I'd ordered GI and GS from... couldn't get through, he tried to email them, phoned them again and their mailbox is full. J his wife checked with people on her stitching forums and apparently the people who own that online shop are old and might be sickly. Anyway, the gist of it: we have to get the credit card company to refund us and follow it up with the site. Damn! I just want my kits :(

So now I'm looking online for them again.

I'm having a good time (so far) at work, I now have my own (hand-me-down) pc which although only a 256mb ram, 40gb hd, 751MHz processor, old one, is decent enough. The front USB ports aren't connected and there's a not-working floppy drive (also not connected). Problem with the back USB ports is they're on the same "block" as the keyboard and mouse plugs, and it's loose. So if I fiddle with a USB thing, the keyboard stops working and I have to restart. Bummer. Anyway, not often I'd need a flashstick I reckon.

According to secret sources we are probably getting a new TV. Source: G. CAN'T WAIT! Ok nothing much is on TV, but still! According to a friend of ours, the Simpsons is on EVERY DAY on Mnet open-time...!!!!! WE'RE MISSING THE SIMPSONS!??!?!

Oh and: the Simpsons movie? Definitely wanna see that! Saw Night at the Museum last week, it was EXCELLENT! Very sweet, funny, exciting movie hehe!

Still sad about Honey being put down. I so vividly remember the day we got her. Her breeders came from a long way away, and we met them at our Gran's place. Chose her from 2 they'd brought (they'd delivered all the others on the way). She was restless in the car on the way home, and finally found a spot and settled down in the footwell by my feet! Aww so cute! I remember it all hehe. That was over 16 years ago.

After this payday, my finances should be back on track... I'll be broke straight away after being paid cos it's paying things, but once that's done and I've got through the lean month to the following payday, I should be back to normal. YEAH!!!!!!!!! Ok still paying off to Sis, but that's ok. I should be a few hundred R wealthier after we get the money back from the credit card co.

*yawn* this week has been quite long. The days go quicker now cos I'm busier but it's more fun! I'm actually going to enjoy getting hbbm's office into ORDER!!!!! Untidiness! Pff!!!!! He's quite enjoying how it's working: he dictates an email, I type it, send it, print it, stick it in a file. Done! Hehe I like that too. So quite an up in the job-satisfaction level!

I hate cockroaches - we have quite a lot in the kitchen. Less than when we just moved in, but still. Only medium, small and tiny ones. The MASSIVE mofos probably can't get into the place and besides: they have a LOVELY portuguese restaurant to patronise!

Ooh, it's been a while since I did something on my blog... ok will do it tomorrow >;)

No comments: