Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wowser

And the post below is from March 2012.  Time certainly has flown.  Not sure why this was saved as a draft for so long.

Time... certainly has flown.

It has already been over 2 months since I blogged last.  What all has happened?

Well, the break from work refreshed my soul a whole lot.  The 'stressed out' situation involving Rigi was defused:  he used to bark in the morning to be let out of his crate which worked on my nerves humungously.  This was solved by G's getting up at the same time as me and letting him out - somehow Rigi gets overexcited if it's me letting him out, which leads to him barking in anticipation.

Work is back to the same.  I can't believe how robotically retarded (and I don't mean that as a diss to anyone with mental disability) some people at work are.  The one PA says pretty much the same stuff EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.  'I'm just going for a lunchtime cigarette because I don't get a lunchbreak" is one such thing.  It's actually quite dumb.  It's like groundhog day, actually.  I kinda feel as though I'm working the same day, every day, except the work isn't the same.  I have only a few months left until I've been there a full year, which would look decent-enough on my CV for when I search for a new job.

Oh and I cannot get over (not literally) how childish the people at work are.  It's like being back at primary school, the way it's so gossipy and immature.  Talking behind people's backs, while being super-nice to their faces, or even just friendly/civil.  Surely, if you're going to gossip SO HORRIBLY, you actually despise the person... why be friendly even?  I just don't understand.  There's being curt but civil, and then there's chatting to the person seemingly happily and then rolling your eyes and saying something nasty once they've left... sheesh.  Primary school, wow.  I don't miss it.  I know, another workplace would be similar, but this is just beyond what I reckon would be out there elsewhere.  Well, I can hope and keep trying.

What else.  Various inconsequential things happening with the house (roof leak, repaired, etc).  The only thing which bugs us and would lead us to move out, is the fact that it has a mold issue - it's pretty damp downstairs I think finding a drier, better ventilated house would be a good thing.  Also, it's damn dark.  We bought floor lamps (with 300W halogen bulbs), which are great.  But still, the fact that it's dark during the day is a serious turn-off.  You can't really justify using a 300W light, eating up the electricity, when it's bright midday outside.

Ok, this post isn't meant to be a rant/grumble!! There just hasn't been much going on, really.  I find that my evenings, after work, are eaten up by sitting down and watching 1 or 2 TV programmes.  It's quite mentally tiring, actually.  There's no 'coming down' from being at work, and then 'coming back up' and doing something (like stitching), once my energy has been refreshed - it's just dullness and lethargy sitting watching TV.  I guess still in CT, we didn't actually watch any TV and I was able to spend an entire evening stitching, or surfing the net finding out Aus-move info!  Maybe it's time to kill the TV habit, even though we've only had it for about 3 or 4 months!

No comments: