It is already 2013, and the last actual post on this is from August last year.
In the interim, a lot has happened. Not a lot of stitching, quite a bit of gaming (a bit of D3, a bit of Torchlight, a bit of Torchlight 2, a bit of NFS Shift), but other than that, not really that much.
We just came back from our first trip 'home' in 2 years. It hardly feels as though it's been 2 years, more like 5 weeks. The flights were long, but tolerable. No major disruptions and THANKFULLY no screaming kids. But it's long, flying and losing 4 days total travel time just to get there and back. But anyway, it was lovely being back. And surprising too, as very little has changed.
The only visible difference that I saw is they now have upgraded the bus stops, as in, they've built bus stops around the place, which are identified by red poles. But other than that, not much has changed.
Which makes it weird, as if we have a dual-bubble life and our presence just shifts across and expands the bubble in which we currently are located. Our life here in Aus shrank down while we were there and I had to remind myself in a way that we have a whole life here, I now have a car in a garage (yes!! I have my own car now!!! :D), we have a dog, a bird, a fishtank, furniture, food, etc).
It was good seeing everyone again. It makes it feel less distant. We spent some time away from home though, taking an actual break from running around seeing everyone. Best thing to do ever.
Piggly (his name has morphed) stayed over at his breeder's place, so he got to spend time with 2 sisters, his mum and probably an unrelated uncle.
Work has morphed too. I now don't just do travel, I do conference registrations too and also now 'welcome' new students. Although not much of any of that so far this year as I was away most of Feb and January is notoriously quiet in Aus generally.
I'm loving my car. It's a little hatchback... manual! Yes, I am getting to grips with a manual and it's becoming easier.
Somehow, possibly due to the jetlag, but possibly because my heart doesn't seem in it these days, I don't feel like going into much detail here.
Perhaps it's time to retire this blog. Will have to see.
I did stitch a little before the holiday, but the progress on both Wedding Blessing and Gentle Strength are not visually noteworthy so I won't put a pic up just yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment