Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Yes, I'm still alive!

I haven't died of allergies or empathies and sympathies... sorting out my stuff has been satisfactory.  Accomplishments yay!

I've started typing up a list of everything we own, and so far have done our CDs, DVDs, PSP games, etc etc, and I've listed all my books.  I'm not sure whether or not I'll do another cull - I suppose it can't hurt, but I don't want to get rid of (too much) stuff just for the sake of getting rid of stuff.  But I'll see... I think actually diving in and tackling this huge job has made it easier to be stronger and 'mean' and decisive about getting rid of stuff.

This past week has been extremely tiring, emotionally, spiritually, psychologically, the works.  It feels so long ago that we went to N+N's place for potjiekos (it was Friday evening!!), and then Saturday we... tidied up (had flat-viewers in the afternoon, with a visit from the owners of our unit), and went shopping.  Sunday we went through to HBay to join Pop in celebrating his birthday.  We borrowed his Woodstock and Isle of Wight festival DVDs.  So far we've watched Woodstock and WOW... I can't believe it happened.  3+ days of it... I don't think I'd have survived... but I spose you wouldn't know for sure unless you were in that situation.  But still.  Hectic!

There are 75 days left til we jet off!  G has 11 more working days.  Crazy.  What's weird is that we're already having people come and look at the place - we aren't out yet...!  I know we aren't like, SPESHIL or anything, but still, it feels now, for REAL, that we're going. We're being replaced, as tenants... that feels weird.  I guess I should start looking at places to rent in Brisbane, what'll feel weird there is looking at the listings and thinking that we will be (soon) using the 'contact the agent button!

Ok, I really could do with a new laptop.  One that can handle firefox RSS thingie updating WITHOUT affecting something like blog-post composition.  The typing 'lags'.  Gughhh... so irritating.

I think that's all I can think of for now.  Dude's my cute Dudelpudel.  Love him to bits.  G is my G.  Love him to bits too.

That's all for now!

No comments: