Luckily I don't have to make a decision like that - I can just blog!
So much has been going on lately! It's really been a hectic 4 weeks. It isn't finished yet, I think only by this weekend will it be "finished".
Tomorrow morning is my driving test. I have no clue whether I'll pass or not, I'm not speculating and getting my hopes up, but I am really wishing and holding thumbs that I pass because I really want it done and finished so I can start focusing on other things now (and not spending so much money!!). I'm pretty much worse than broke at the moment (owe G some $)... so I really want this done now.
About 2 weeks ago I had 3 moles cut out of my neck. It WASN'T pleasant at all, but I'd decided I wanted them out (after having 2 others out and NOT MISSING THEM AT ALL!!! - and relishing the fact that I don't have them anymore), so despite being a total WUSS and terrified, I went and had them done. I'd taken off that Friday (to have the surgery), the Monday, Thurs and Fri were public holidays, and I'd taken the Tues+Wed off so I basically had quite a few days to recover. It wasn't so much that it hurt a lot, just that had I come to work those 2 days, I'd have had to be receptionist, which entails taking phone messages for everyone who is on leave, cradling the phone in my neck and I DOUBT that that would have been very good for stitches/fresh wounds. So anyway, I had a nice long time to recover and relax. One BIG hurdle overcome!
At the moment Dude is at the 'grandparents', we had arranged for pest control to come in one last time just to ensure that NOTHING could have survived. They had to cancel so I've been missing Dude since Thursday night. Pest control is coming this evening, so we'll fetch Dude afterwards.
Yesterday was Mother's Day and we spent the day visiting the mothers. We spent the morning at G's parents' place, had delicious cake+biscuits and stuff. The gifts we'd given her were PERFECT! I have a feeling we should go back and buy 2 more similar things for next time!! Then we went to my mom's place, and had KFC for supper! A nice treat and a nice time spent at the Moms.
I'm so bored at work today - my boss is away, I've got drawings to sort out and some other stuff to do but I really don't feel like it. I wish I could go home and study the driving stuff (memorise the pre-trip inspection test etc), AND go wash up (we have a small pile to do before pestcontrol comes by... it was late, we were tired.. washing up blallllaaahhh)... would like to go tidy the place a bit and ALSO go STITCH! I haven't stitched for such a long time now and I really want to make some headway with GI Joe (nickname for Golden Ice). I'd also like to play a bit of Need for Speed or Patapon or Locoroco... haven't played games or done much FUN stuff for such a long time because we've been so hectically busy! I think this weekend will be declared Relaxation Weekend. I think we should stay home, stay warm and do our own, fun things the entire time.
*sigh* there are so many things we still have to organise for the wedding. First priority on the to-do list is caterers. I think we might go with the venue's caterers, but we'll have to discuss menus and things. Next will be cake. We have a clear idea of what we want, we just need to find someone to make it. I want to get my hair dyed this weekend coming up - a pre-view of the colour I want for the wedding. I think it'd be a better idea to get the dyeing done a week before the wedding, and have the hairstyling done on the day. I've found a hairstyle.
Ok... as far as wedding preparations are concerned... what is already decided/booked is:
photographer, minister, musicians, venue, decor+flowers, dressmaker, dress designs for wedding dress + bridesmaids' dresses, materials for dresses have been bought, my jewellery is sorted, we have a design for a cake, G's mom is doing the invites, menus+table layout cards, we're going to be doing the favours ourselves.
What we still have to arrange/organise/etc:
caterers, cake-maker, need to get shoes, make-up + hairstylist, would I need a fake tan (very light!!), need to sort out the marriage contract, arrange transport etc, um... that's all I can think of at the moment.
It's just TOO exciting, and I'm really impatient to get started. Also, we have the honeymoon to plan too! We've decided we're going to go to Singapore, Sydney and Brisbane. It is all too exciting and will be a lot to plan + organise.
This past weekend was busy - but fun. Met up with S & L to windowshop, have cake/supper and see a chickflick. We saw Made of Honour which was VERY cute! Had the most delicious pasta for supper before the movie - SO divine!
Ok I think I'll post this before it turns into a huge long unending block of blog-text!
No comments:
Post a Comment