.jpg)
The pic above is from a photocopied page, from an artbook. Something else on the page must have been photocopied for some shit art project in high school and thankfully I kept this pic. It is so lovely, and now I'm on a mission. I want to find out who the artist is and/or what the artwork is called... I would love to get a print of it, or have it charted for cross-stitch. If anyone happens upon my blog and knows (unlikely chance!) or if you know of anyone who may know or can recommend a website to submit it to/web-group I can ask PLEASE let me know.
Ok what's news this past while. I'm still in disbelief that I've passed my drivers' test. I keep thinking of things, like technique approaching an intersection, and realising "hey!!! It's over!". I'm so glad.
We made sushi again - the 2nd night - we used up the 2nd half of the salmon we got. It was just as delicious and neater than the first attempts:
It's definitely a "keeper" recipe!
I've been in blitz-mode lately. I've basically kicked my boss's ass and cleared up his office. Now that's no little task: he has 3 bookshelves FULL, he has his desk, a table (4 seater) and a 2 couch+coffee table. And the floor. Originally basically ALL of them were covered with piles of paper (except for the bookshelves - the 2 were "recent additions" to his furniture. He now has a virtually clear carpet (apart from a few apple-boxes worth of old/personal/non-work related stuff (his own stuff, I'm not going in there) and his work satchels. His couch+table set is clear, and on his 4-seater table, there are piles of paper which are for ONLY 2 projects. Not 580, but 2. It is quite an achievement I think. And "his" area of my desk (basically a landing area for all his incoming paperwork) is whittled down from about 40 separate overlapping piles to 6. I feel so relieved. The 2 projects on his table in his office... well let me just say that there is a LOT of paper for him to go through.
And then at home, too, I've been blitzing. I've finally tackled boxes which contained my "stuff". Slowly but surely I went through them and unpacked stuff that could be unpacked, and went through some stuff. Threw away quite a lot of stuff. I got rid of a lot of school diaries (who needs to know what they needed to remember to take to school for home economics on 23 April 1995?)... etc. I have SUCH bad hayfever from it, and I am only now realising/remembering that that's how I woke up every morning when I was still living at home: all that paper and junk was in my bedroom. DIE PAPERJUNKRUBBISHCLUTTER, DIE!!
It's also very soul-lightening. Getting around to tackling these seemingly huge obstacles. It seems like a 2' x 2' x 2' box, but inside it is maybe 2 shopping bags of papers. So much easier to tackle like that! It's all for a good cause - not just for weight shedding, but also it's good to slowly prepare for the big move like this. That way, when we do eventually have to get down to it and start packing/throwing away, there's less stuff to wade through and decide about. SO DAMN EXCITING!
On the emigration note, apparently (according to Migration Expert), Aus has increased the visas available to people going to Aus. Which is great - will mean we have more of a certain chance of moving there. We're probably going to get started with the application mid-next year. According to a book we got on migrating to Aus, you get about 9 or 10 months to migrate after the visa has been granted. So if we apply in say July, if it's granted during 2009, we will be able to migrate ASAP after G's commitment is fulfilled. Very exciting stuff! I am however keeping it all out of my mind (as best I can!), while we concentrate on wedding + honeymoon plans.
This blogpost is turning into quite a long one, but my blog is essentially my ramblings so... :P
Ok so yes... emigration is looking more and more like a YES FOR CERTAIN, and I'm so excited about it. BUT... I must focus... wedding... honeymoon. We're going to go to Sydney+Brisbane, via Singapore. I really cannot wait. Essentially it's going to be a honeymoon + scouting out the place, all in one. It's going to be so awesome seeing both cities, knowing that we'll be living near or in one of them not long after the honeymoon (about 1.5 years). It's going to be fun experiencing the different climates. Brisbane sounds nice, less hectic than Sydney but the humidity might be murderous. Sydney sounds great, with lots to see and do and a lot of buzz, but it is a very expensive place too. We'll have to see. Hopefully Brisbane isn't too humid and we can live there!
I'm so excited to see Singapore too... I really saw nothing of it (apart from meeting May and having a light supper with her and her Mom). I really can't wait to venture out of the airport (with my new Hubbie!!!! ♥) and explore. According to Uncamo, Singapore has DELICIOUS sushi - YAY!
Today we went to S's work and discussed travel plans (she's a travel agent). We've got tickets now, G just has to make payment and then they can be ticked off on our list. We need to get travel insurance - probably with G's bank... also visas (I'm going to phone the visa company I used for my India + Aus trip to find out how much it costs through them). I can't wait to get the Singapore+Aus dollars - something about that makes everything super-exciting and REAL. I still have Singapore$50 from my Aus trip - will probably keep that for special though - for when we move to Aus?
EEEEEEK now everything's getting too exciting. With regards to wedding preparations, we're pretty much in step with what should be done this far in advance. I've got a time-line checklist and we're good. We're going to look at cake makers in a moment, and then all that's CRITICAL to arrange is catering. That's a biggie, and then we're just about in the homestretch! Too exciting, as I said.
Anyway, let me post this and get on with cake-maker-choosing with G. Then I want to STITCH cos I haven't stitched since BEFORE the drivers' test... and that was A LONG TIME AGO ALREADY!!! GI Joe is wailing at me "stitch MEEEEEEEEEE" hehe.
Kthxbye!
1 comment:
I recruited the graphic designers at my work to solve the mystery.
The art style is Art Nouveau and we believe the artist is Alphonse Mucha, although we could be wrong.
Post a Comment