Friday, January 25, 2008

Thought for the day... and more

I got a Thought for the Day this week, which made me think:

24 January 2008 – Thought for the day

Everybody always says “I don’t have enough time” or “ There is not enough hours in a day”


Well, look at it mathematically!

You have 24hours in a day right, times 7 days a week
24 x 7 = 168hours
from which you sleep an average of 7.5 hours a day, average travel 1-1,5hours a day to work and back, & work time of 8 hours a day.


Thus
7.5 x 7 = 52.5 hours of sleep.
1.5 x 5 = 7.5 hours of travel to work.
8 x 5 = 40 hours of work.


So
168 -52.5 -7.5 – 40 = 68 hours of free time!!!!
Remember sleep has already been counted!!!
So what does this mean… you have 1.7 times more free time than when you are at the office!!
68 hours!!!


People, this is a serious wakeup call!!!
Manage your time properly!!!
You DO have enough free time!!!
Stop complaining & MANAGE & USE IT WISELY!!!


I sat and thought about it quite a bit, and did some calculations of my own:

The problem is that you have to take off eating time, cooking time, bath time, chore time, “homework” time if you have a job like that, which if you take it as 1hr per day and not including homework time takes off another 35 hours...

= 33 hours per week... divided by 7 which = an average of 5 hours per day...

Bear in mind that most of those hours would happen in the weekend, say 12 hours per weekend day (for people who sleep late/take naps/etc), and you’re left with 9.

That works out to about an hour of free time each work day. Not really much time to do anything. Also, bear in mind that some of that daily hour will be eaten up by getting up and getting ready for work.

Ok so, on weekends you have 24 hours. That’s the only time you can do things, and even then it gets eaten up by catching up on weekly chores and doing things you can't do during the week (banking, shopping, doing more intensive cleaning, washing etc) Also take off time that you spend doing more infrequent chores like cleaning windows, mowing the lawn, cleaning the car. It doesn't leave you with much time.

And people wonder why they get so fed up with working their entire life away, and don't get to do the things they really want to do.

Now for the rest of this blog post. Hopefully more cheerful things...

I'm currently on medication for h. pylori... a bacteria that causes ulcers. The doctor asked whether I would like to try the medicine first and if there's no improvement go for a scope or just go for a scope. I decided to try the medicine, because a scope sounds a bit... hospitaly. Don't particularly enjoy it. Anyway, I'm enjoying the side-effects of these medicines... or I would be, if I liked such things as an upset stomach, no appetite, exhaustion and a horribly bitter taste in my mouth. It tastes as if I've let a painkiller dissolve in my mouth... really gross. There are 4 days left of my treatment, hopefully this sorts everything out and I'm back to my old self because I can't remember what that was like. I hope it is the same as the way I felt when I was on the acid-pump inhibitor medicine... that was utter bliss.

Tomorrow at 07:30 I am having a driving lesson. It is inhumanely early, but that's the only way the driving instructor can get to me, his other lessons in the day are elsewhere and where I am is pretty out of his way. I will be starting to learn the parking/yard manoeuvres... they seem quite daunting but I'm game to give it a try. I just am a bit annoyed by his car's indicator lever, it just makes this irritating, timid sound as you push it up/down/off. It might just be that I'm annoyed with myself for repeatedly indicating BEFORE doing observations, which would be quite an issue doing the test. I hope I get it right and keep it that way!

Tomorrow we are going to get my house. I will post pics once it is mine.

Right now I am really enjoying a comic strip: www.metro.co.uk/nemi. Love this strip! She's so unusual, I really love it! I also admire the way the artist draws, her facial expressions are classic!

All the bosses are out of the office this afternoon. It is a GORGEOUS Friday, and they're all going to the cricket. Least they could do is say we could go home early, but no. They really don't care about staff morale and happiness and earning loyalty from the staff... whatever.

I'm so tired. I want to go sleep, lie down and rest... shouldn't be sitting or standing upright... do... not... want..........................

No comments: