Monday, January 21, 2008

I feel like I have something to blog about,

but I'm not sure what that might be.

I'm really enjoying the new CDs I got. The Cure is awesome! Love Beck's Odelay CD, as always I'm enjoying the Cardigans. A Camp hasn't grown on me (yet) and the Chembros' AmericanEP is more like a set of remixes.

Had another driving lesson on Saturday. The instructor says my driving is coming along well. He asked whether I'd done any driving during the week and I had to come clean... but I didn't tell him about the snapsnap incident! Next week I'm learning the yard-manoeuvres. During this lesson past, I was driving in a rather wooded shady area, and the sun reflecting on the window from the dashboard was dreadful. I could hardly see a thing.

G and I raced through to mom's to pick up a parcel note - Mo had mailed me something for Xmas. A funky car calendar, a card and some plastic sheets/sleeves used to keep paper money in files (to protect them). Then we raced to the mall to meet G's mom for coffee. Walked around a little bit afterwards and I found replacement sunglasses. Polarised Raybans! There is just about NO reflection from the dashboard in G's car (remains to be seen in the instructor's car!), it makes the sky look a little moody because the sky looks darker and everything is brightly lit against this darker blue sky. Anyway, I'm enjoying those. Then I found 2 work shirts and a pair of black pants for work. So pleasant wearing pants that fit!

Then we met up with a girl from college, haven't seen her apart from in passing a year ago while G and I were waiting for the ride to start on the swings at the carnival! Had a yum lunch, caught up on a lot of news and just had a great time.

The rest of the afternoon G worked and I caught up with stuff online. Then rather late we watched Fantastic 4 (the first one). I'd seen it before but it was still very entertaining! Friday evening we watched Hairspray! It was very unusual but also rather fun to watch! John Travolta in drag - 'nuff said!

Sunday we slept late - or tried to. Someone must have given a kid in the complex a basketball for Xmas. Yay. Things like that should be illegal in complexes. Things that deserve to be banned are net- and basketballs, plastic ride-on motorbikes, anything else that makes a disturbance. It doesn't go on for a long time - and for that I am MOST GRATEFUL! But it is really quite a nuisance because the sound carries for the entire complex. The whole complex is joined by tar/concrete paving, so it bangs in your head wherever you are. Not the nicest wake-up but not as bad as that little shit next door.

On that note - I AM SO GLAD WE ARE CHILDFREE! It's so weird how almost every day yet another reason why not to have children is brought to our attention and we are thankful every time! The poor woman next door CANNOT EVEN TAKE A CRAP IN PEACE! This little swine brat went ABSOLUTELY INSANE this morning, bashing furniture/banging things/dragging things/going MAD (woke me up!), then I heard their loo flush, and then silence. Lovely. What a charmed life this poor woman must have.

On THAT note: Thought #1 for the day

COUNT YOUR MANY BLESSINGS AND YOU’LL SOON LOSE COUNT.

Count your many blessings money cannot buy.

Don’t brood over the riches of your neighbors but focus on the many blessings you actually do possess.

So let’s focus on the wonders of grace, training ourselves to make a spirit of gratitude pervade our lives.

That’s the way to experience joy and to be forever joyful.

(Vernon Grounds)



After taking the movie back, we headed off to G's folks' place. We'd invited them to lunch, at Tibet. A very inspiring restaurant/gallery along the coastline. It was rather busy (with a very noisy birthday party). I got to see something there that I've been keeping my eye on, more out of admiration and appreciation than with the plan to buy it, but it's really grabbed me now and I've decided. I sent an email off this morning to the gallery owners, asking if they can keep it aside for me, I'm just waiting for the reply. *holds thumbs*

EEEEKKKKKKKKK I guess I'm obsessed with it now but I really have fallen for it ^.^

*breathes*

*obsessively checks email...*

Ok while I wait for the mailbox to open I shall carry on.

Yesterday evening we did a little sorting in the study. It's not quite a proper study as yet, it still contains a bit of unsorted boxes, so it's a jundy room... half junk-room half study-room. Heehee! Threw out some boxes, packed things a bit better in the wardrobe, but there's still a good deal of stuff to go through. It'd be good to go through it and find better places for it but we don't really have the storage space/cupboards for it. We have to get rid of the junk-junk which is under the stairs, that'll free up space where we can store stuff like the bicycles, the weights (which would be more easily accessible there for our to-be daily exercise session) etc. That would in turn free up space in the jundy! I still have to fetch stuff from mom's place to sort through. *sigh* we'll get to the end of it yet! It will not beat us, we will conquer it!

On THAT note, here is Thought #2 for the day:


The secret of getting ahead is getting started.

The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.

(Mark Twain)




Anyway, let me leave this post at that for now. 45mins til work's over for this day!

No comments: