Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday morning

1st update:  our medicals have been delivered to Sydney to be processed, after which they'll get sent to Adelaide (immi dept), and then we wait to hear what the verdict is.  The case officer might request further information, but judging from everyone on the forums' impressions, it's unlikely that they'd ask for anything after they've requested PCCs and medicals.
SO WE WAIT!!
In other news, our river rafting trip has been postponed/put on hold due to a bit of a hiccup with people's leave etc.  So we are waiting to hear when we can go.
And in other news:  I'm happily racing down to the finish line with Golden Ice.  I have about 4 colours left to do (I've put them in order of quantity of stitches left).  I've run out of thread of the 4th last of the colours and can't finish it until I've bought more, other than that I'm about halfway through what is left of the 3rd last colour.  He's looking good.  This evening, most probably, we're going to the mall that has a thread-shop so I'll pick up the colour then.  Then I'm safely on the homestretch!  Wow, can't believe it.  I'm so amped, cos he's looking so good, AND I'm super-amped to start Wedding Blessing.  It looks so fun and 'light' compared to Golden Ice as it is a design as opposed to a picture (less of the fabric is covered compared to Warpony, Heremia and Golden Ice).  It'll be a good break before tackling Gentle Strength, whose ENTIRE expanse of fabric will be covered with stitches!
There is something that I'm hesitant to get excited about, but I feel it is worthy of blogging:
It might or might not be, but for now, it seems like THE HABSBURGS HAVE MOVED OUT!!  We saw the brat+his mother with a van+trailer (and accompanying guys), loading their couches and other items like breadbin, laundry basket, etc.  They drove away, and it's been silent since.  Their security gate is locked (they never lock it if they're home), and the neighbour on the OTHER side has been parking their car in the Habsburgs' bay... so!  We're HOPING AND PRAYING that it's true.  Who knows.  So, yesterday I MADE THE MOST of the fact and sat stitching with the window right next to me wide open, the bedroom windows were open ALL DAY (can you believe it!), and it was BLISSFUL!  I'm not getting my hopes up or counting the chickens and all that, but jeepers, it'd be amazing if it were the case!

No comments: