Today hbbm is out of town, so I'm bored (for now). I had a bit of work to do but it's done so I'm sitting contemplating a little.
I have 51 working days left for the whole year!!
THAT'S SO FRICKIN' AWESOME!!
3 months (including October), 10 weeks, 51 days til the end of the work-year for me. Minus a day or 2 (or 4) for when G's in hospital and I'm (probably) going to take unpaid leave. I just cannot expect G's parents or anyone else to take me to and from work for those 4 days.
Total time left, then, until end of Aug 2010: 11 months (including October), +-44 weeks (I still have to work out when I want to take leave so probably will be more like 42 weeks total), 209 days.
If the visa is granted within 12 months (as DIAC say) and we apply before the end of this month, we should have it by October 2010. Which leaves me with 2 months after stopping work in which I'm not working and we probably wouldn't have got the visa yet. Which is fine. It looks more and more like G's going to be committed to his co until past October 2010 anyway, so it would work out 100% if we get the visa, go over for a holiday to activate the visa while he's still working and then come back to wrap things up after he finishes with work. But it's all a matter of details, then. For now, it's 'sit tight' for a year minimum, and try to stay alive at work.
I had a bing-bing moment earlier: I just have my aunt's wedding album/s and my cousin's (few) photos to scan, and then I'm pretty much DONE with all of the photos!! Now just to pester Mom for the odds and ends lying around at home, but I reckon that's going to take a while. But regardless, that's going to be ONE HELLUVA TASK ... COMPLETED!! I'll be able to burn DVDs for the respective family members :D
Means I have to pack Golden Ice away for a while, but I wasn't feeling very inspired anyway. I think this task being finished is going to give me a real boost. Plus, while the PC is set up to scan, I'll scan those old papers and letters to Dad. Once those 2 large tasks are done, I'll be able to settle down and relax, with stitching, gaming and reading (etc), and just odds and ends to do like wash my teddies (the ones I'm keeping), go through old Cosmo's and give them away... oh I must also clear out my email boxes, save stuff on my laptop and then back it all up. I think I should bump up that task to a higher priority so I can empty out my laptop a little.
OH AND... I almost forgot - something I remembered a couple of weeks ago: I still have the wedding and honeymoon to scrapbook!
SO EXCITING!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment