Monday, February 09, 2009

I wish I could have a blogpost NOT about boredom!!

But sadly this one is also about boredom of sorts - or rather DUE to boredom (at work).
On Friday evening I house window-shopped on the net.  Looking at houses for sale in Brisbane.  There are some nice houses out there - but they are rather expensive.  I suppose if you are paid in Aus$ it all works out, but converting from "Ront" it's very expensive.  Everything will depend on our situation next year, after February.
Speaking of which: there are 12 months and a little over 3 weeks left until my last day of work!!  My work-day countdown has it at 243 work days left!  Yay!!!!
We had a very cool thunderstorm on the weekend.  It was so nice to watch the sky go dark, and the dark mass of cloud coming closer.  It had been super-hot for the past couple of days before, and after the storm there was a very brief relief from the heat.
This weekend I played LocoRoco til I got PSP-hands: those achy fingers from playing for far too long!  I am busy going through all the levels of LocoRoco trying to get all 20 Locorocos, all 3 of the MuiMui etc for each level.  In LocoRoco2 I've already beaten the main bad-guy and rescued the planet, but there is still quite a lot of Moja-muck lying around for me to find and clear.  Once that's done, I can explore the entire place and find all 3 MuiMui, all the house-parts, etc.  I LOVE the MuiMui house, too.  They really are cute little things.
I worked on the Damask Rose purse too - it's really progressing quite fast.  I won't be able to stitch this evening because we're going out with M&J, sis+her G to have burgers.  Sort of a Syndicate-meet, sort of a birthday eat-out for sis.  She's turned the big 3-0... it's so weird to think of her being 'in her 30s'.  I guess it's not such a major thing, but there's this association with it.  I guess it's like the standards at school, and the associations/connotations.  Every standard is a new 'level', but after school you have 20s, 30s, 40s and so on.  Only once a decade do you progress to the next level.
Last night we met up with Mom, sis + her G for supper at a Thai restaurant.  It was incredibly quiet - we were pretty much the only table there.  The waiter was a bit... odd... very spaced out!  And, once again, G's order was 'forgotten'.  I don't think it's specifically G's order that gets messed up every time, just that G and I often order identical things and waiters usually hand food out to females first... so I get the food and he doesn't.  The food was interesting, new to me, with names that I wouldn't dare try to pronounce.  Thankfully each item has a number so you don't have to read out the names on the menu!
I've decided to put the PSP away during the week, and to stitch and scan photos on weeknights and then RELAX on weekends after chores and stuff that HAS to be done.  That way there isn't a chance for me to play the entire evening+night away and not accomplish anything.  On a weekend, there are far more hours available, so I can tell myself (for argument's sake) "after the chores, I will play a bit", and won't feel guilty for not being on track with my stitching/scanning.  That also allows us to have time to exercise too - we skipped it this weekend because it was TOO DAMN HOT!  Friday was 39C, Saturday was probably close to that and Sunday was only fractionally less hot.Today is murky and also a bit drearily muggy.
A week or 2 ago I ordered stuff online - some Daft Punk and some Apollo 440 CDs, they should be here in the 1st week in March.  I really enjoy Apollo 440... I'm not sure how to 'classify' my taste in music: Daft Punk, Apollo 440, Chemical Brothers, Propellerheads, Prodigy, possibly Basement Jaxx (but haven't really listened much and it hasn't grown on me yet)... but then I also LOVE A Camp, The Cardigans, Shivaree, Rammstein, enjoy the Sneaker Pimps, Joe Satriani, the list goes on and on and on!  Not sure what the common denominator would be.  No need for one I suppose!
It is nearly Dude's birthday.  He's going to be 2!  My sweet Bumble-bee :D
I'm not sure I have much more to blog about...
If everything works out we will be applying for the visa in July.  Our birth certificates and my passport should be ready at the beginning of April, G is hopefully going to apply for ACS assessment soon, which should take a couple of weeks.  His english test is on the 21st.
April contains quite a few public holidays and I've taken off 3 days at the end of the month.  I'm planning to go to Mom's place and go through old stuff.  Toys, games, books, etc, to go through everything and get rid of the junk/unwanted stuff and salvage anything very special or worth keeping.  It'll be good to go through everything once and for all and put all the odds and ends together, like my Cabbage Patch Doll - he's currently got 1 shoe (if I remember correctly!), and a substitute tracktop.  I'm SURE his full outfit must be somewhere, and his dummy too.  All the bits and pieces like that must be reconciled, and then given away or kept or whatever.  I'm actually looking forward to it, it'll be quite an endeavour, almost like a 'coming-of-age' experience.  I've already weeded out the teddies - there are some (very special ones) I'm keeping, although I'll probably have to go through the box again and take out the less than very special ones and keep only the VERY VERY special ones.  Ah, at least it's a start.
I'm looking forward to seeing all the toys again - going to keep my My Little Ponies - I think they're all mixed together with sis's ones.  I doubt she'd give me her ones!  It's strange actually, how the toys (like the Ponies) get personalities of their own, which are somehow partially "tainted" with the knowledge that they're HER ones.  Somehow, despite how I secretly wished they were mine, the fact that they were, in fact, hers made them not as nice.  Like, I'd have wanted them to be mine from the outset, because now that they had been hers, they had somehow picked up a bit of her negative 'aura' which always stayed in mind longggggg after we'd had a serious squabble!
Arrrrrgh, I'm bored now - waiting for invoices before I can send through my stuff.  I could be stitching now, and once that is done I could be scanning photos.  I really want to stitch and finish this bag because the scanning is such a huge task and really will take ages.  It'll thankfully be a quantifiable task because as I work through the albums, I can hand them back.  ARGH now I want to scan pics!
Ok let me try get back into work-mode.  YAY it's getting closer to payday!

No comments: