Sunday, October 12, 2008

Horses!

After OCD'ishly checking the track and trace site for progress on the parcels almost the whole day, after work on Thursday I checked the postbox and voila, both parcel notes were there.

Atlantis Bey V has been held up at customs as they aren't able to assess his value - obviously he looks more expensive and they aren't sure what to charge me for customs duties.

Wintersong and Rugged Painted Lark were ready for collection though, and I phoned the post office on Friday to find out what their hours were - they close at 17:30. Such a pity I'd not brought the note with me to work, so we popped by at home to fetch it. We got into the post office at exactly 17:25. They weren't to friendly about it but dammit, there was still a WHOLE five minutes til closing, so they did help us after all. The box had been opened by customs and taped up - they'd bashed it a bit. We popped by the shop afterwards to buy stuff for Syndicate, then we came home and I was able to open the box and wow - the horses are STUNNING!

Here are pics - I tacked up Rugged Painted Lark to see how it fit and he looks good both tacked up and untacked. Wintersong is so lovely.






Sat morning we were up early, to meet with the cake-lady, fetch our passports and go see the jeweller. The rings aren't ready yet, which is a disappointment. His communication isn't all that great, because admittedly things like designing wedding rings etc take time and need to be fitted before being finished, etc etc, but he hasn't got hold of us to let us know what the progress is, nor has he said anything about it when we've tried phoning him. I don't expect to be kept up to speed to the second, but it'd be nice to know when phoning to find out how it is going and being told that we can come by on Saturday that it's not finished, but still has a bit of work to be done. Then at least we don't have these excited expectations. Anyway, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and we will wait and see how the rings are once they've been completed.

S, L and I went for a dressfitting that afternoon, and I have to say that they look STUNNING! Their dresses are pretty much 100%, I'm going to fetch them on Sat. My dress is pretty much done, it's my sort of final-fitting on Sat, and I should be able to collect the dress during the week after. SO EXCITING! I just need to break my shoes in first.

No comments: