Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday....

Today I'm satisfied.

Happy. Things are going well.

This weekend was busy, but good. We got Dude back on Saturday afternoon. Man, did I miss him! It was almost a whole week.

Friday evening sis, her bf, me and G went out for buffet chinese/sushi. Very yum! Saturday morning I had my lesson - there are only 4 more until my test (excluding the one the morning of the test) EEEK!!!! But I'm not really stressing. I have to memorise the pre-trip inspection... but apart from that, it's not really under my control. If I do everything perfectly but the examiner is an asshole, I will fail. If I usually do everything perfect but make a single (bad) mistake, I will fail. It's not really something that I can do myself, it depends too much on the circumstances and the examiner. I will try my best but that is all I can do. If I fail, I still have plenty of time to do a re-test. I will just have to wait and see.

We went out for lunch with G's folks and long-lost cousins of his dad! Long story there but basically long long long lost cousin of his dad retraced his family and found them here. Very nice people, the cousin and his wife. From the UK, they're visiting the country for about a month I think.

Sat evening we went to W&S's place for a braai. Muahahah that was an entertaining braai! :D I even got to see guitar hero in action - G gave it a try hehe.

Sunday afternoon we had stitchathon. G and I had gone to the mall to get medicine and brunch, and we got a scanner too (I've been meaning to get one)... I'm going to sit down for about a year :P and scan every photo from G's folks' and mom's photo albums and burn them on CD. There's no point in our making reprints of them all, just to lug them overseas when we emigrate. So we will have them burnt on CD - that way we get just a CD or 5 to take with us, and we can give G's folks and mom a CD of their photos for backup. A lot of them are already badly faded.

On the emigration note - I've added a countdown widget to the side of my blog. I figured that G's committed to his company until the end of March 2010, so we can take 1 April 2010 as our earliest emigration date. It seems so far away, but then if you think: the wedding is 200 days away, by the time the wedding day has arrived there will be 200 less days til we leave! At the moment it's 716, and it will be 516... it's just so fast!

I've started on Golden Ice. We had stitchathon yesterday, I got quite a bit done then and also later that evening. It's going to look STUNNING!!!! The bright, clear tones against the black fabric. Wow! So exciting and envigorating!

What else is news.......... not that much... I'm currently folding about 12830kgs of architectural drawings... at least I get to listen to my ipod while I'm busy. I have some filing to do upstairs, but all in all hopefully today will be nice and stress-free. Hbbm comes back tomorrow - yay!

Laterzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!

No comments: